- DCW Volume 1 Issue 1 – Plugging In, Plugging Out on Hacking Campus Space
- » A Digital Hornbook for the Digital Humanities? SAMPLE REALITY on Brainstorming a “Digital Humanities Creator Stick”
- Hack Your Learning Spaces? - ProfHacker - The Chronicle of Higher Education on Teaching as Scholarship
- Teaching as Scholarship: THATCamp Piedmont » Roger T. Whitson, Ph.D on The UnTeacher: Hacking the Syllabus and the Everyday
- Jeff McClurken on Brainstorming a “Digital Humanities Creator Stick”
Piedmont on Twitter
- No Twitter messages found.
- Information Desk/Usability Assistant
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Website: dsl.uncc.edu
I graduated with a BA in communication studies/mass media before getting my MLS. I recently began working in an academic library as an information desk/usability assistant. My position gives me the opportunity to both assist students with their research at the reference desk and improve user experiences through usability studies. I work in a new library unit that assists faculty and graduate students in creating and disseminating research using digital tools. It's a very exciting time for academic libraries.
A selection of things I like (other than libraries): Traveling, public radio, Homer Simpson, David Lynch films, old political campaign buttons, film criticism, Swamp Thing (particularly Alan Moore's run on the book), "Mad Men"